Monday, April 27, 2009

PSA Humane Society Video


The first version of this PSA was done in the internet-based video editing service.

The social issue I chose to address in my PSA was people who are either reluctant to adopt their pets from an animal shelter, or those who are simply unaware that doing so is an option.  In the video, I inserted a number of photographs depicting cute dogs and cats in order to show the video viewers that cats and dogs make good companions regardless of if the came from a breeder or a shelter. 

 

 

For the PSA (the iMovie version), I used a number of different photos of cats and dogs.  Many of the photos I took myself, the Dorchester County Humane Society in Cambridge, Maryland gave the rest of the pictures to me.  I inserted five text slides, most of them addressing a different misconception held by people who are hesitant to adopt an animal.  After all of the slides that I intended to use were in my iMovie project, I adjusted the length of each slide so that they not only fit into the one-minute timeframe, but also so that their transitions fit into the rhythm of the music.  Once I was happy with the way my PSA was looking, I converted it into QuickTime format and uploaded it to my YouTube account.  From there I copied and pasted the embedded link directly into my blog post so that I could be streamed directly from my Blogger page.


No comments: